View Single Post
Old 02-24-11, 10:10 PM   #26
the_tyrant
Admiral

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Two registries, okay. So I would need TWO firewalls and TWO antivir?

I checked some German sites for tech marks on CPUs, and found that an i5 661 may give me 2x3.33 GHz and a good bang for the money (190,-) , it competed nicely with the i7 in higher resolution 3D benchmarks (1650x1050 over here). That with maybe a 1156 mainboard based on H55 chips. Asus P7P55LX (100,-), how does that sound?

Then I tend to go with a 500 GB Western Digital SATA drive with 16 MB Cache and 7200, my current WD is so silent I cannot hear it. Another 40,-

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. 85,-

DVD writer. 30,- (?)

PSU, another unsolved question. Silent it should be, and not getting consumed to the max when the system is running at maximum CPU and GFX. Am I safe with 500W when considering 4 GB RAM (name, ~ 60,- ) and something in the range of an nVidia GTX460 (768)? (150,- )? Lets mark the PSU with 45,- . And a tower where all the stuff goes into: 70,- .

Cables I should have more than enough. Soundcard: I just use my old Audigy, if needed. It runs since 8 years or so.

The cable from my DSL, it goes directly into the mainboard, if I am not mistaken? No WLAN needed here. I am not sure,m could be that I need that RJ45 card. 15,- . Two or three additional fans: 30,- .

Well, that is the idea. Let's see:

===

815,-

Does not look too bad. My target mark was 750,- Euros.

Has anyone a tip for a German adress where to get a system comparable to this ^ for less money?

P.S.
I forgot an USB hub . I need 7-8 ports. Costs how much? Let's say 20,- .

Makes 835,- all in all.

Bring that down by at least 80 Euros, and I am a happy customer
Only one set of antivirus and firewall is needed. For your main system(i assume one OS is for internet, and most applications while the other one is simply for old games)

I'm pretty sure you don't need an RJ45 NIC, its intergrated in 99.9% of all motherboards. 500w PSU is enough.

All i would change is that I would recommend 6gb ram. Most programs nowadays can only use up to 4 gbs of ram, so you still have 2 gb for windows and background programs. Also, 3 channel ram preforms better than 2 channel ram.

As for UAC, what castout is talking about is that if you use an account with less than administrator rights it will ask for a password. But since most of us use the default administrator account anyways, no password is needed.
Keep it on though, it keeps you from doing stupid things

if you want to save some money, but the cheapest optical drive available(or even don't use one). its barely used anyways.
also, most motherboards have 6 usbs, plus 2 in the front panel, so i guess a usb hub won't be needed