View Single Post
Old 02-22-11, 12:46 AM   #7
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

LOL about being a perfectionist.

Umm yeah space is a real issue too here. Though you are able to collect more types of model if you build them small there's a certain satisfaction from far larger model that you won't get from small ones.

Not only it's easier to get a good finish on them and more forgiving, they are far more detailed and make great display for the guests to wow over . Of course you won't be able to build them in numbers but you probably don't need to. For bigger models only build those that you like very much. Some kind of a sentimental object to ponder and be fascinated over a long time or the rest of your life. Something that you'll like forever. Something that gives you joy every time you look at it. To be honest smaller projects would give smaller joy to and may fade over time but if you have one or 2 or 3 really good really big ones they'll probably give you joy for the rest of your life.

Customization is another such that the model will definitely be unique if you build them, the only one in the whole world. You can only do so much on small ones.

And you tend to protect the bigger models or ones that you put much work on as well in effect preserving them to last. I've built quite a few 1:35 tanks myself and every one of them now is broken one way or another by somebody in the household by accident. Except for the one I put inside a display case. Knowing that would happen I decided to put that big Type VII in the case as soon as I could. Dust is another reason.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Castout; 02-22-11 at 01:05 AM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote