View Single Post
Old 02-11-11, 01:00 PM   #36
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris_England View Post
Thanks very much for the encouragement and enthusiasm.

I see the crew and the underwater mods as being two separate things so no worries there. The crew mod though -- that depends on a few things. I use SteelVikings interior, MFC and MCCD -- all files which are touched by more crew and by MO.

The first version will be one which works with MO (for it to really work with MO, TDW will have to include it as it will not be compatible as is -- it overwrites the same files). Whether it would be included as part of MO is largely down to TDW and you guys -- and of course the quality of the final product At this point I don't want to get ahead of myself -- it'd just be nice to have the thing finished.

I can see the reservations of having even more zombie crew, but I watched Das Boot the other night and was struck again by the claustrophobia -- something that I felt was missing from SH5 from the start. At this moment my crew does nothing but stand there scratching their collective nuts -- but they do add to the feel of confining.

I have a few things I'm not sure about -- the worst offender is trying to track down why the waypoints move sometimes.

Also I'm not really sure what to make the extra crew do -- if there's around 45 crewmembers, then is it 3 shifts of 15 per day -- does anyone know the crew roster and the average day for each job?

How about interactions? Do you want to talk to these guys? Do they need names? How about personal stories, conversations about life on board? I don't want to get too cheesy, but I'm wondering how you guys, as captain of the boat would imagine interacting with your crew.

Thanks

P
sure. there was a "3-watch-system" so every watch was to be on service for 4 hours. 12-4, 4-8 and 8-12. the 12-4 watch was the "mad-dog-watch", as you had to get up to get breakfast and couldnt sleep through the night. every crew member who was on "free service" was sleeping, doing maintenance or just hanging around. so guess, 1/3 of the crew was always at sleep, 1/3 was having free time and 1/3 was on watch!

hope this helps!

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote