View Single Post
Old 01-30-11, 10:24 PM   #946
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifty_mcgrift View Post
I posted this problem in the mega mod thread because I was thinking I was having problems with the mod, but maybe they are more general problems, so I'm hoping someone is out there that might be able to help me.

I recently installed the Magnum Opus Mod with Patch 2 and I've been experiencing some annoying and strange problems. First, I had extreme frame rate drops, but I removed Steelvikings shadow mod and that seems to have fixed things up just fine.

But I'm still experiencing some odd graphic glitches. For example, the screen will go black. I can still move around and hear the sound of my footsteps, just the screen is black. If I alt-tab out of the game and go back, it will fix the problem, but then it happens again. I also experience glitches like things disappearing when I move the mouse pointer over them, then when I click, they reappear. I've also had the water completely disappear and I can see the ground and it looks like the boat is floating through the air. I tried updating the drivers for my graphics card and I thought that solved the problem, but the glitches reappeared when I started a new campaign and finished the tutorial. I also have a lot of random crashes to desktop. I've tried lowering my settings, but I still experience the same problem. I should also note that these issues only seem to occur in the campaign. I've tried playing some historical missions and everything runs just fine.

So has anyone else experienced these problems, and if so, please tell me how to fix them. They are very frustrating and annoying. I hope it's not a mod issue, because I really don't think I can play SH5 without MO mod. It would just suck too much.

Also, my system checks out for all system requirments. I am using an ATI card, 5700, 1gig of ram I believe. So again, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
If everithing woks fine in historical mission i guess that maybe after you installed the MO you have played an campaign already begined (saved) and when you play you load that save. In your place i will
start a NEW CAMPAIGN. Try that and see what is hapen.
Remember: that is just a gues!(if you have a lot of frame drops in game lower ,,shadow'' - ,,particles density,, and go at zero ..antialiasing'' - those you found in video setings in game!)

Bye!
Bye!
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote