View Single Post
Old 01-27-11, 06:51 PM   #153
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifty_mcgrift View Post
I guess my problem is I don't know which one I am any more, if that even makes sense.
That makes perfect sense to me. I never know who I am.

Quote:
I miss the days when PC gaming was simpler. When you didn't have to worry about issues like this. I really want the game, but I also don't want to feel like I'm giving in to Ubisoft or somehow saying their DRM is ok by buying it.
That's why I still play SH3 and SH4 (and ocassionally SH1 and Aces Of the Deep).

I was originally against it because I had a very flaky connection, but I finally realized that, for me at least, it is impossible to support it, and impossible to say I don't support it while buying it and playing it, no matter how cheap. Someone offered to send me a free copy, and I told them I'd either send it right back or burn it. When the DRM is truly gone I'll gladly pay full price.

Quote:
I know I'm the only one that can make the decision, but I've been struggling with it for almost a year now. I'm not a very decisive person. But I also don't know if Ubisoft will ever completely remove the DRM.
If they don't then I'll get to watch people post pretty screenshots and tell me what I'm missing. I'll also get to watch them complain about the servers and about how nobody's modding the best game that ever lived.

I'll also happily sail my Type II through unrestricted seas and have a great time with "crappy, old-fashioned" graphics.

Quote:
I mean, if you need the game launcher to start the game, and you have to login into the game launcher, can the online check-in at the start ever be truly patched out? And to people trying to play today, was the server not working a huge issue for you? Or are you able to just brush it off?
It doesn't bother me a bit. Oh, wait, I wasn't trying to play SH5 today. I was playing SH3 instead.