View Single Post
Old 01-19-11, 11:08 PM   #2045
ingsoc84
Navy Dude

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Ingo this is normal although normally when you instal DirectX9 it indicates you a default path usually C/windows/system32.Just use that path.If it does not show up that default path it is because you may have clicked on some other option.Just instal your DirectX9 C into the C/Windows/systems32 because this is where Windows normally put such files.There's no danger. Actually I re-installed DirectX9 C a couple of days ago on my Windows7 OS pc.It works fine.

Thanks.I downloaded the redistrubituale version of directx 9.0c from June 10..thing is..when I oopend it..and told it for exammple to extract it to my desktop.it then extractd some 60 OTHER winrar files..a multidude of directx files..and I THINK its one of those many files I then must extract to the windows system 32 file? sorry..not sure..typically the game itself will install it right where it needs to go..adn the appropriate version..this seems to be extracting many other files which they themselves need to extract...maybe I should just choose the most recent for my os? Sorry for the hassle..

Well..I extracted the file to desktop..then saw a dx setup..hit that.and it went ahead and installed directx and all files..still game wont run...too bad..this is just too strange. I assume the game runs fine in windows 7..does SH5 work in windows 7? I just may have to get a new computer sooner than later.the one I have is just having too many issues I think..although SH5 plays fine.no problems whatsoever.

Last edited by ingsoc84; 01-19-11 at 11:19 PM.
ingsoc84 is offline   Reply With Quote