View Single Post
Old 01-18-11, 02:17 AM   #656
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJMaybe View Post
Thanks for the help there, Silent Steel. I figured I'd made an error editing because I migrated the original .py file back into the mod and it was working again. But I hadn't thought about if I had put an extra space in somewhere or how the file had been saved after I edited it so I'll try again and watch out for that.

Another question: I noticed that some of the keys have functions that are not shown on the F1 help screen. E.g. 'z' seems to toggle silent running but F1 shows it is not in use. Is this a bug or are there hotkeys in the mod different from the stock game?

Good morning mate
I'm glad if I can make your life as a gamer at least a little bit better.

Those errors we sometimes do when editing the .py files can easily be found and monitored with Winmerge. Give it a try and download it here http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmerge/
Use it for detection only and make your corrections in the .py file!

What you're telling about the stock F1 "help" is too correct... It's not a bug but a sad thing
To answer your other question on Hotkeys -
No - in the stock game I haven't found any hotkeys
Yes - in TDW's Multiple Us and MO mods you can (in the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py) find possibilities to tweak some hotkeys as well.
These are from start not active but you can decide yourself to plus even pick the key you want to use for each one

I got fed up with the, in my opinion, illogical stock keyboard layout missing command keys so i downloaded the "Church's SHV 1.1 Keyboard Commands" mod.
It offers a far better layout with more of the available commands visible. I don't know why the standard F1 layout "hides"some commands but with this you find them.
Download it here http://www.filefront.com/15757613/Church%27s%20SHV%201.01%20Keyboard%20Commands%20v1 .1.7z

Feel free to get back with further questions if you like.

Go hunt them down!

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote