View Single Post
Old 01-10-11, 07:36 AM   #872
Tessa
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
E.g. the flooding level of the front torpedo room needs a pointer of 12th order. (pointer that points to a pointer that points to a pointer, that points to a pointer, that points to a pointer, that points to a pointer, that points to a pointer, that points to a pointer, that points to a pointer, that points to a pointer, that points to a pointer, that points to a pointer that points to the variable)

But: Instead of finding a pointer and changing the variable referenced by that pointer, I suggest to first try to find and modify the code that writes the variable. So you don't even need a pointer.

h.sie
To write code such that it requires such a massive array of pointers is either severly careless coding, or the result of a recursive function where the 12th iteration gives you the number you need. Sorry that my knowledge of machine code is limited, but might I suggest you look at what the other pointers are linked to? I agree that using such a complex function is not very efficient, it may be done out of some necessity.
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote