View Single Post
Old 12-23-10, 11:00 AM   #92
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranz View Post
and that's all what windows 7 is. It took me 2 months to figure out that you cannot arrange the icons on your own like in xp. At least it's better than vista.
The main reason I decided to upgrade was to switch from 32-bit to 64-bit, and Win7 is what's available now. I expect there will be some things that are missing or different from what I was used to with XP, but that's always the case... I remember when I first got XP, I hated the Start menu for a while until I got used to it, then when I did and switched back and forth between it and the Classic style I found I actually preferred the new one. At work some people have theirs set to the old view and it drives me crazy when I'm on their PCs.

Quote:
I'm REALLY impressed(almost shocked)with your PC skills.
I'm sure it pales in comparison to the experts we have here... anyway most of it is learned through making ginormous mistakes and having to fix them.

But I enjoy tinkering with stuff and at some point I decided to upgrade or add some hardware on my very first computer and once I did that successfully I realized there was nothing sacred or magical about the insides of one, at the end of the day it's just another machine.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote