View Single Post
Old 12-22-10, 03:15 PM   #298
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
The GWX team broke up more than a year ago. Individual members still make mods.

Please tone the language down, this is a family-friendly forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionary74 View Post
Didnt see the date

Not to threadjack, but damn isnt a curse :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Hi!

Actually, whether it is a curse or not doesn't really matter. Neal has asked the moderators (including me) to "rigidly and assertively" enforce the forum guidelines. You can read the language guideline here, but the money quote is:
"Please use language that you would use around your mother. No vulgarities, obscenities, hate speech, or foul language. Do not use *******ing w*rds with aster*cks, that's the same thing as vulgar languge. Express yourself with respect to others.
Now, I don't know what kind of language you used around your mother, so I enforce the guidelines based on the language I would have forum members you use around my mother.

In this case, I think we would all do well to heed Sailor Steve's caution.

Thanks!

Pablo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
No, but the word combination is an insult to people who believe in God. And it's unnecessary. And there are underage children who read these forums. It's not about rules, it's about respect.

[edit] Actually it ocurred to me to check, and atually "damn" is a curse. The dictionary definition of curse is "the expression of a wish that misfortune, evil, doom, etc., befall a person, group, etc.", and "God damn" is specifically a request or wish that God would condemn someone to hell. Is that how you feel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwieger View Post
With that definition you could make anything a curse not defending him, just saying
HEY!!! Why don't you guys take the bible beating and thumping to A PM.. And let us discuss GWX.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote