View Single Post
Old 12-15-10, 12:25 PM   #808
Kai Lae
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40 View Post
Hi Kai Lae, I'm useing RFB with Windows7 with no probs. A couple of things to remember: First, with Windows 7, do not install SH4 in the x86 folder. Create a folder directly on the C drive, and install there. Secondly, be sure to run the program with Administrator rights. Thirdly, mabey there is a corrupt file. I would re-download and re-install the mod. That's all I could think of right now. As I said, I'm running the game and RFB with Windows7 without a hitch. Good luck.

You would seem to be the perfect person to help out then First I got the game on the cheap from steam, so it installed automatically to the steam directory (x86). I had no choice in the matter. Not sure what I can do about that. In practice in the past if I suspected that trying to copy files was running into permission issues I would just cut the game directory to my desktop and try again, which would fix the problem usually. This didn't happen this time so I think not. As for running as admin, which program? I have already tried running JGME as admin w/o effect. I don't think running silent 4 as admin would have any effect, as it seems issue is with the mod installation itself. Silent 4 works stock, just not the mod. As for a corrupt install, that would make sense other than the fact it's now done it twice. Originally I downloaded 1.52 (didn't realize that there was a 2.0) and tried that, and I got the same error messages. I then assumed fault was with the fact I was using outmoded version, downloaded 2.0, and same thing. It should be noted if you hit ok to all the warning popup boxes (many many boxes) eventually the game CTD's.

Since you got it working on your end, perhaps if you wrote up exactly what you did to get it running I could just copy what you did, and fix the issue? I suspect the problem is actually quite simple to resolve but without knowing the next logical step to take, it will be quite difficult to do so. I strongly suspect I must be UR DOING IT WRONG but IDK what I need to do.

Hmm...bilge rat as a title...could be worse. Could say A-Gang And I sure have cleaned enough bilges to last me a lifetime...
Kai Lae is offline   Reply With Quote