View Single Post
Old 12-12-10, 05:23 AM   #1
Loituma
Nub

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0
Default lcd monitor: 120hz worth the extra $$?

Hello, i have a old crt screen and I'm thinking of buying a larger newer lcd. I've read lots of reviews of many monitors so I have a good overview of my options (I'm looking at a 22 to 24", either 1680 or 1920 wide). But the reviews are by pixel counting tech heads and I'd like some feedback from normal gamers on this matter:

-There's several well rated monitors for around $150, all 2ms, but in 60hz.
-I also found the samsung 2233rz for $220, more or less the same qualities as the $150 monitors I'm looking at, but it's 120hz.

Do you think 120hz is worth the price difference? For people who play with 60hz lcds, does the refresh rate ever bother you?

My problem is that I never played on a lcd. My crt displays 75hz and it's fine. When I set it to 60hz my eyes do notice the refresh flicker and after a few minutes I'm getting headaches, even while just displaying the desktop. I understand that 60hz on a lcd is different and the refresh process isn't so noticeable, but I'm still wondering if it would be good enough.

So I guess the short question is:

do you notice some refresh flickering on your 60hz lcd monitor?
do you have some really noticeable motion artifact in your games?

thanks for the feedback