View Single Post
Old 12-08-10, 03:38 PM   #26
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

That is an amazing post GoldenRivet.

Particularly the Honduran child is a very amazing story. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to the child and how are they today?

On the note of your grandfather, that too is an amazing story, however, and don't take this as an insult to America or your grandfather, but I think his story is more a story of how North American society rewards HARD WORK and PERSEVERANCE with opportunities.

These two abilities our youth of today seem to lack. Perhaps it is, as you mentioned, a lack of difficulty in our young lives that makes us believe everything should be so easy (Indeed, moving out of my parents house and attending University 9 hours away and living by myself has opened my eyes to see how difficult the real world is). But the mindset of the youth and young adults has dramatically changed between 1939-1945 to the present.

Quote:
don't disagree.

I'm just saying that more rests on the shoulders of our youth than they can possibly imagine.
Totally agreed. I think it is the mindset of our youth today (heck I'm self-critisizing myself here too..) that will be the downfall of many great nations that were forged in the 20th Century

Just my two cents..

Krauter