View Single Post
Old 11-29-10, 04:22 PM   #1972
animal
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

would it be possible to picture-in-picture a drivers view from the gunner's view or to output that view to a separate monitor?
what are the possibilities for multiple monitors?

the SIM to me feels that its lacking and to really replicate the functions of a tank each position needs to be able to be controlled simultaneously.

how about just modifying the input options so you can gun, be the commander and drive simultaneously. right now the controls overlap such that to look around as commander is the same controls as to traverse the gun lay and you can't traverse the turret while looking for the next target on the binoculars as commander. the best you can do is have an automatic gunner center the turret while you look around, or use the auto gunner. I prefer to do it all myself/ would like to.

i know you can work "commander+driver "or" gunner+driver" but i would like to crew all three at once because i'm making handwheels for gun laying and i already use pedals for the hydraulic traverse. The objective in this is to have my friends be able to play beside me with a driver, gunner and commander. We'd play like that even without multiple crew-views but you can't gun, drive and look around as commander all at once.

what are the possibilities/chances of this happening? is it possible?
i know I'm a small market segment having friends that would enjoy playing with me in person... but I've also got 3 sets of 3d glasses and 3x120hz 3d monitors to add to the fantasy.
animal is offline   Reply With Quote