View Single Post
Old 11-25-10, 10:21 AM   #616
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
as far as I have seen in the debugger, the weather change period is the same for all aspects (windspeed, rain, fog). after such a period (about 20-40hours) a new weather is calculated and the current weather then fits to that new weather - according to the change speed values in scene.dat. Rain fits immediately, wind slowly to the new calculated weather, according to their individual parameters and then keeps constant - until new weather is calculated.
That makes a LOT of sense

Quote:
By the way: It would be easy to force a windspeed=0 after 50 time steps, but I recommend to randomize that number, lets say 40-60 time steps ....

OR (easier) I could force windspeed=0 EVERY time step by a certain chance, say, 5%.
This shoudl suffice already to fix the weather bug

But if I might recommend something, then force windspeed=6 instead of zero after X time steps. The reason is that zero wind is a rare occurence in open sea, and 6 is instead OK for most seasons/locations.

Having the weather reset to wind=6, clouds=0, fog=0 every X time steps/weather changes would be good enough to solve all problems.