View Single Post
Old 11-23-10, 04:11 AM   #117
Seamutt
Watch

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Ok, I've been thinking too much again....

-A helo can visually detect a sub down to 25 meters. When visually identifying a sub does it send link data that the sub is surfaced or submerged?

-biological(s) should be on the classify list. Atleast as a general biological unit.

-How do people handle ambiguities while using subs? Is it common to just ignore it on the waterfall (untag it when you determine which one is real) or is it better to tag it and have it show up on the NAV map? I prefer to have it on the NAV map so every thing on sonar shows up on the NAV map as something. All information is right there (6 audio tracks in waterfall, 6 contacts on map). I would like to classify the ambiguity as something other than unknown or the real object. Could we create an object named 'ambiguity' and add it to the list? We don't even need a 3D model for it. Or does anybody have any ideas/advice/ real life experience?

-How far out (max NM) does the TIW alert work? Many times I can't hear anything on sonar, but I get a TIW. Is this realistic? What if a sub is faced 180 degrees and deep and across the layer with when he fires? (depends on distance and environment, I know) Does the alert still come? Do AI players and human players alike get a TIW alert? I assume TIW comes if ownship is less than a set distance from the launch/drop and not based on sonar.

-It seems that ASW armed helicopter's torps just disappear after being dropped if the depth is less then about 100ft. What is the ASW helo's torpedo depth set at? I think I remember reading somewhere that in LWAMI the ASuW helo's torpedos will not attack subs (and vice versa). Is this true?

-Sometimes I can see in the replay that a torpedo tracks and then has gone directly through the enemy sub. There were no CM. How did he dodge the bullet? Are there ninja subs in LWAMI? This was done in the littorals (about 200ft) so I can't see depth change as an evasive maneuver.

This probably has nothing to do with LWAMI:
-many times I cannot mark something, but the autocrew can. what gives? Example is the grams on FFG.