XO

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Yes that. Why out of curiosity?
Sorry, thought it would be self explanatory:
Quote:
The Seawolf has the highest tactical speed of any US submarine. Much much of the design effort was focused on noise reduction, and it is expected that the fully coated boat will restore the level of acoustic advantage which the US Navy enjoyed for the last three decades. The Seawolf's propulsion system makes it ten times more quiet over its full range of operating speeds than the Improved-688 class and 70 times more quiet than the initial generation of Los Angeles 688-class submarines. The Seawolf's quieter propulsion system will also enable it to have twice the tactical speed as the I-688. Tactical speed is the speed at which a submarine is still quiet enough to remain undetected while tracking enemy submarines effectively. Overall, the Seawolf's propulsion system represents a 75-percent improvement over the I-688's -- the Seawolf can operate 75 percent faster before being detected. It is said that SEAWOLF is quieter at its tactical speed of 25 knots than a LOS ANGELES-class submarine at pierside.
This is ONLY whats allowed to be published, and my guess 50% (or less) of it's true capability. As I personally have RW experience tracking a 688 (at least we think it was) I can only imagine the capabilities of a Seawolf in the right hands, and how hard it would be to find.

MaddogK is offline   Reply With Quote