View Single Post
Old 10-19-10, 07:07 AM   #1620
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Testing Beta Release Completed.

Hi Zee;

My very last report. I played Kursk mission 3 and is it ever harrowing!!!!!! But it's worth it.Lots of tanks, ideal landscape for ambushes, great fun but 2 issues to report.

1) Superhuman AI which took me out through thick wood with 200 metres of my starting point with accurate marksmanship!!!! My Tiger disabled I started the mission again this time going through the woods to flank the Sovs. No matter again I was shot at through dense forest....They can still see you while you can't see them!I wonder if turning off the AI accuracy scaler that you have in the game menu really makes a difference?

Finally I had enough and decided to cheat a little...I became invulnerable and had the pleasure of blasting away at enemy armour and AT guns with total impunity.My Tiger had 59 shell impacts at the end of the successful mission and looked like a perfect Swiss Emmenthaler cheese.....

2) minor issue in the after game tabbing only the SU122s and T34s are shown; the Soviet 122 mm guns and SU152s are left out.

The 3 Kursk missions, and the new first Soviet missions are excellent.Action oriented, lots of action however my fps took a dive(5.8 to 10.1) with Kursk/Dubovna due to large number of units present on the map.You'll need strong specs to play it smooothly.I also replayed Escaping Red Army Pincers which I also enjoyed taking out 5 Soviet tanks at between 3400 to 3800 metres before rushing up and finishing another 11 at 1600 metres and less. My tank was disabled but I destroyed 16 enemy tanks...

Zee; do you have any [plans to introduce T34/76 (Beutepanzer T34/7r) booty tanks captured by the Germans in the Kursk missions? I think quite a few were used during Zitadelle...

Another question; where in the game folders do you find the technical files dealing with muzzle velocity, ammo complement, speed, armour and gun specs of each tank?

Mission accomplished; very interesting experience to be a tester....

Cheers

Dear LC submerged,

I''ll gladly accept Panzer II duty as I saw the cute Panzer IIs created by ZeeWolf in the new missions zipping by nimbly while the lumbering Tigers were straining to go to the battlefield. I saw plenty of Tigers destroyed but no Panzer II....

I saw the radio antennas on the tanks and thought of you.

frinik is offline   Reply With Quote