View Single Post
Old 10-17-10, 11:53 PM   #1611
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Zee I love your idea of being able to refer back to the mission briefing map during a mission very helpful but if that map would indicate your tanks and all other tanks positions( both foes and friends) so you can get your bearings.

I havenīt been able to test Kursk mission 3 yet because my TvsT on my pc is a copy of my game on the laptop with the result that I have to play each mission successfully in order to get to the next one.I only have Kursk mission 1 which by the way is great because itīs lighter in artillery at least at the beginning and itīs going to help those with less performing specs and GPUs.This is why I believe all ZW members are going to be pleased served by your October release as clearly the missions will not take such a heavy toll on fps.Still, solid specs are required and frankly how can you play and enjoy a game with all the eye candy and improvements you are adding when your pc can barely plod ahead.

One thing I hope can be improved in the future are the explosions.The HE shells seem to have no punch.They lift a lot of dust or soil up in the air and thatīs it! Trying to kill infantry with it is hopeless.A shell will explose next to a group of soldiers and more often than not nobody is hurt!!!In the end youīre better off using your Mg.Zee please donīt take that as criticism of you as I know perfectly well that this is the work of those who created the game and did not do their work properly( Hello G5 hope you read my post?????)

Likewise the tank damage model in the stock missions is hopelessly flawed.I played the 2nd Soviet mission(Defending Krinovichi) which you havenīt yet modified and I was taking on a Panzer IVG at 600 metres.I pumped no less than 7 85 mm shells and it still wouldnīt die instead taking me out with 4 shots!!!!!Considering that the 85 mm AP shells of the T34-85 are fired with a muzzle velocity of 800 metres per second (faster than the Tigerīs own Kwk Pzgr 39) that tank should have been killed in max 2 shots.At that range even a Tiger I or II and a Panther are vulnerable to a T34-85 or 76 depending on the angle.

One last small detail the tracing of the machine gun fire viewed from inside the tank seems to be too curving? I am not sure itīs a real problem or perhaps itīs accurate ...

Anyway I am ranting as usual those are only issues I wanted to raise as Master Zee you are taking this sim into a bright sunshine no doubt about it.

3 Cheers to ZEE!
Thanks frinik,
But you do now have all the Kursk missions and the reg file "Zitadelle_.reg"
You will find it in the T34vsTiger folder. When you find it just double mouse
click on it one time and that will let you see all of your missions. Also I did
adjust the MG bullet trajectory with less falloff so now you can easily shoot
at tagets a 1000meters with out the huge off set.
As for the map being "live" you really don't need that. The situation
awareness
must include your skill at determining a successful plan of attack. Therefore
you must learn to judge quickly what direction you are going in relation to the enemy.
The map is a quick way to do that by remembering the top of the map is always north.
And remember before starting the mission get a good look at that map, it will always
show the position of the enemy and the direction of attack. As a tip check
the direction of shadows before you go in to battle,this is helpful etc..

As for the explosion FX that will come as you know when the other more
pressing things are finally complete.
As far as the Panzer IV goes it to will very soon be totally replaced.
The new model is just days from completion and testing. And once a
good Panzer IV chassis, the BrumBar as well as other models can begin
that uses the Pnz IV stuff.
Don't forget the Panther. Now the work on other Panther versions will be in
the works too. Finish my new Flak 88 very soon as well.
So, frinik as you can see there still is an enormous amont of work left that
I want done by Christmas.

Cheers

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote