View Single Post
Old 10-17-10, 10:53 PM   #1610
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Final Cheer and Thoughts about Future Improvements

Zee I love your idea of being able to refer back to the mission briefing map during a mission very helpful but if that map would indicate your tanks and all other tanks positions( both foes and friends) so you can get your bearings.

I havenīt been able to test Kursk mission 3 yet because my TvsT on my pc is a copy of my game on the laptop with the result that I have to play each mission successfully in order to get to the next one.I only have Kursk mission 1 which by the way is great because itīs lighter in artillery at least at the beginning and itīs going to help those with less performing specs and GPUs.This is why I believe all ZW members are going to be pleased served by your October release as clearly the missions will not take such a heavy toll on fps.Still, solid specs are required and frankly how can you play and enjoy a game with all the eye candy and improvements you are adding when your pc can barely plod ahead.

One thing I hope can be improved in the future are the explosions.The HE shells seem to have no punch.They lift a lot of dust or soil up in the air and thatīs it! Trying to kill infantry with it is hopeless.A shell will explose next to a group of soldiers and more often than not nobody is hurt!!!In the end youīre better off using your Mg.Zee please donīt take that as criticism of you as I know perfectly well that this is the work of those who created the game and did not do their work properly( Hello G5 hope you read my post?????)

Likewise the tank damage model in the stock missions is hopelessly flawed.I played the 2nd Soviet mission(Defending Krinovichi) which you havenīt yet modified and I was taking on a Panzer IVG at 600 metres.I pumped no less than 7 85 mm shells and it still wouldnīt die instead taking me out with 4 shots!!!!!Considering that the 85 mm AP shells of the T34-85 are fired with a muzzle velocity of 800 metres per second (faster than the Tigerīs own Kwk Pzgr 39) that tank should have been killed in max 2 shots.At that range even a Tiger I or II and a Panther are vulnerable to a T34-85 or 76 depending on the angle.

One last small detail the tracing of the machine gun fire viewed from inside the tank seems to be too curving? I am not sure itīs a real problem or perhaps itīs accurate ...

Anyway I am ranting as usual those are only issues I wanted to raise as Master Zee you are taking this sim into a bright sunshine no doubt about it.

3 Cheers to ZEE!
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote