View Single Post
Old 10-14-10, 02:40 PM   #1748
desirableroasted
Grey Wolf

Location: In the mountains, now. On the edge of the sea before.
Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
So I see that people happen to run into REAL task forces and such? Could any one tell me the date and area these task forces show up in?? Ive got GWX 3.0 and SH3 Commander installed so yeah
It varies. I have engaged the Hood/Illustrious TF twice in the past month, both times in the last week of June 1940, in CG95. But as you see, Arael found it in August.

In early September '39, I have sometimes encountered a fat tanker convoy going NE out of BF14, with Rodney in the middle. Likewise, out of Loch Ewe, in late September 39, I have run across Hood (if I remember right) coming out several times -- though it's been a while and that is one of my favorite routes.

In short, I am sure our friendly GWX 3.0 modders (may their tribe increase!) have inserted plenty of variables to determine if and when the TF spawns.

I find keeping copious notes, even preparing a spreadsheet of all my patrols, to be a valuable indication of where to hunt, when.