Old 10-13-10, 08:25 PM   #1744
Arael
Planesman

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0

August 5, 1940
10:00 Hours
CG-89

U-111 is making its way back up to the Gibralter shipping lanes after spending the night near Casablanca bringing the remaining three fore externals inside. Again we stumbled upon the Toulan task force, but this time we were submerged, hunting a passenger/cargo when the hydrophone started picking up warships. Because of the proximity, I was able to sneak to just under 4500 meters of the force's course. Then, I waited, taking speed, course, and angle readings off the Hood, which was leading the formation. Being within range of my G7e torpedoes, I decided to use the two G7e on Hood, and then shooting the two G7a at fast setting at the Illustrious type following directly behind. I sent the E's on their way, and about 30 seconds later sent the A's on their way. All 4 detonated properly. Hood took one torpedo on the bow, with the other detonating right under the bridge. The hit on the bridge set off a chain reaction in the Hood's secondary guns, quickly sinking it. About 10 seconds after the Hood was hit, the Illustrious type was hit twice in the bow region. It took a while longer to sink, but was clearly doomed. Because of the long range of the engagement, the destroyers did not have a good idea of where I was, and their depth charge patterns were ineffective. We surfaced and headed to the African coast near Casablanca, where we loaded the externals. Then, I saved. Then I saved again under a new name. Then I exited and reloaded to make sure I didn't have a stinking corrupted save again. So. U-111 reporting the Hood is resting on the bottom, along with a fleet carrier.
Arael is offline   Reply With Quote