View Single Post
Old 10-04-10, 03:05 AM   #11
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Panther Twek

Rends, as I suspected I found that weight of the Pzgrante 39/42 for the Panther Ausf. D isincorrect.I have the old Panther-Hetzer mod installed and I always like-d the Panther Ausf. G in that mod with that cool camo and it's especially punchy 75 mm gun.Punchier than the current Panther in beta 1.5. Going into the common resolution folder I found otu that for the Panther G the weight of the Pzgr. 39/42 is given as 7.2 kilos whereas in the current version of the Panther it's only 6.8 kilos the same as the Pzgr.39 used by the Panzer IVF2 and others.Likewise the HE shell for the G version weighs 6.35 kilos and only 5.74 in the current D version.Why the discrepancy/As far as I know they use the same gun and shells unmodified.I did a reseacrh on the internet and found otu that 72 and 6.35 kilos are the correct values and the new values are simply those of the Pzgr.39 which they used ( on purpose?Oversight?) for the Pzgr.39/42

.It's a 5% difference in weight.Not that much but considering that the velocity of the shell is 930 m/s 400 grams more with the kinetic energy will result in significant extra damage to any target.The same goes for 600 extra grams for the HE.If you want to do the same then just go into data/k42/loc_rus/levels/LEVELS/common/common resolution and go way down the file to see the Panzergranate 39/42 and the HE.You'll see 4th or 5th on the line of number the 6.8 and 5.74 numbers respectively indicating the weight of each shell.

Likewise the armour thickness for the Panther is wrong in a couple of places.The side armour in the tech_cfg folder is given as 35 mm whereas everywhere I checked it says 40 mm.The rear armour is 40 mm not 35 and the top of the turret is 16 mm not 10 .You can correct that by going through the same motion except that instead of opening the common folder you open the tech_cfg one which contains all the technical data for the tanks.

BTW one last thing the shell complements for the Tiger I is totally wrong in the game.A few trial Tigers only carried 82 shells but the production units never carrie dless thna 92 shells as normal complement.60 Pzgr.39 and 32 Sprgr.The load used in the game is totally wrong.Likewise they are using the shell load of the Porsche Tiger II( of which only 50 units were built) but the turret of the Henschel model.The correct shells load for the Tiger II is 86; evenly distributed between Sprgr. 39/43 and HE although I have skewed the total in favour of the former.For the Panther D it's 79 to 82 depending on the version of the D and for the G it's maximum 85.

As well there are errors in the armour speecs for the Tiger I, and II (underestimated in some parts) and the T34/85( Overestimated.The modders are Russian and may have been "influenced " when they entered the data).

Cheers

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote