View Single Post
Old 09-30-10, 10:10 AM   #1678
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka BC View Post
I don't know if this would be of help, but when I had the resolution in d3d9.cfg file set to the max size that my monitor supports (1280 x 1024) I had a host of problems, when I changed it to the slightly smaller 1280 x 960 resolution they all went away and PrintScreen worked. You could maybe try a smaller resolution that your monitor supports...but, I don't know anything about widescreens.
I'm not sure if it's relevant, but 1280x1024 is a 5:4 aspect ratio; 1280x960 matches the game's native 4:3 ratio.

A resolution of 1400x1050, rather than the 1680x1050 that captaindnnis is trying to force with the Res Fix mod, also matches the game's 4:3 ratio and works fine on my WS monitor - I just turned off the auto rescaling feature on my gfx card and the game runs in a 4:3 ratio with no problems and narrow vertical black bars on either side of the playing area since the game doesn't use the rest of available space. But everything works, including the PrintScreen key for screenshots.

That said, I didn't have problems taking screenshots using Res Fix on my old non-WS monitor either, but I'm pretty sure I always ran the game in a res that matched the 4:3 ratio. I don't know if trying to force a different ratio causes the screenshot problem with this mod but, given your experience with it, if the max res on the monitor is 1680x1050 I'd suggest setting a 1400x1050 res in the d3d9.cfg file, turning off auto rescaling, and seeing what happens.

Captaindnnis, if you try this, when you open the d3d9.cfg you'll see a line in there that starts with

screenshotPath=

The location on your hard drive indicated by what comes after the = sign is where your screenshots will be saved, provided you can get screenshots to work. You can edit the save location by typing in the path to any existing folder on your hard drive.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote