View Single Post
Old 09-27-10, 02:03 PM   #229
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi h.sie,

great news again! Sounds very promising. I think your idea with leaving the times as they are, but doubling when you rig for silent running sounds good (gives you quite accurate historical values). As you already found out, all silent running does in-game is forbidding repairs and reloads, i.e., heavy work. So, it's a perfect flag for the CO2 consumption

I don't know for sure, but I think there is no time limit how long destroyers hunt you. There is just the limit how long they look for you after loosing contact. However, if you stay loud they will hunt you forever (even after running out of ammo).

For a first version I would leave the battery stuff alone. For my personal taste it opens a can of worms. A dependency on the number of men would be great, but I think, it's also not THAT important. And I think it's just fine to use the number of men at the beginning of your trip.

Cheers, LGN1

PS: Just one last comment about Iambecomelife's AI subs. If it's true what I think you might also have submerging and attacking British subs in the Bay of Biscay

without any scripting!
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote