View Single Post
Old 09-24-10, 10:04 AM   #40
Abd_von_Mumit
The Old Man

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Great idea, this will for sure rule out any errors at start of some nav scripts.

Also would it somehow be possible say-

I am passing heavy traffic at kiel Canal and unless I adjust course I will hit a ship. User can right full rudder manually(script pauses) until ship has passed and then click return to course (script restarts).
Most collisions can be easily avoided by going with very low speed.

I noticed that even vessels that were previously stuck (for example merchants burning in the middle of Kiel gates) suddenly revive and merrily move out of your way as soon as you come close enough (a few hundred meters). Of course for a burning merchant this may be a slow process, so if your speed is too great, you will still crash with it. However I found that Slow bell speed always gives the other vessels in very narrow places time to move out, and in places with no stuck vessels 2 bell speed (or just my 7.5 knots cruise speed) is low enough to avoid collisions without additional maneuvers.
Links: SH5 mods I use, FileFront, Manual plotting how-to
Abd_von_Mumit is offline   Reply With Quote