View Single Post
Old 09-14-10, 02:59 PM   #7
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocatellodave View Post
If your getting 30-60 fps,I would be content with that.I'm running 2x Nvidia 250's,and they seem to do ok,but I'm thinking of getting a Nvidia 450 GTS.I'm not sure how much I would gain,but the price is mid range,and I may go that route.I need a little more research,but for you that card is worth looking at.I have never used radeon cards as they always seem to have driver problems.They offer several cards at a nice price range,and being they have been around for awhile,perhaps the driver situation is stable by now.
2x 450 is nice, just a little more money than a 460 1GB and you get decent of performance.

NVIDIA’s GeForce GTS 450: Pushing Fermi In To The Mainstream

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 Launch Roundup: Asus, EVGA, Palit, and Calibre Overclocked and Reviewed

Techspot did some testing with SLI; here's the benchmark for Metro 2033 and SC Conviction: http://www.techspot.com/review/315-n...450/page9.html

Typically falls between 5850 and 5870, about the same as a 470. For about the same money, you can get a 5850 or 470 and save the hassle of SLI. Or go a bit further and get 2x 460 and annihilate any single-GPU card on the market, but even a single 460 seems plenty powerfull at the moment.

(unless you insist on a constant 60fps or more)

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote