View Single Post
Old 09-13-10, 06:00 PM   #1717
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Unfortunately I feel just the opposite. I love Das Boot but the exterior shots are so obviously models it drives me crazy sometimes. In the scenes of the boat running on the surface the foam is very much out of scale to what it looks like coming from a real 800-ton ship.

It could use modern CG technology.
then i strongly suggest not being so critical about movies.

Some people dont even like movies at ALL cause they arent realistic. Unless its a documentary, then respectfully (and not directed at you steve, just so you know) to shut up and enjoy the ACTUAL movie. U-571 was fantastic movie. Realistic? not as much a some would hope but so what? The only Blatant stray from realism, pretty much the only one at all, was the scene where they destroyed the resupply sub. it was still a FANTASTIC movie. If people want it to be so dam real then why dont you build a time machine and go back to 1943. Then you just steal a sub and Bam your getting all the damn realism in the world. (mind you this wasnt directed at anyone in particular).

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote