View Single Post
Old 09-09-10, 01:31 PM   #23
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

This site may be intersting:

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/

This is the Canadian Library & Archives site. Unless you're tempted to try out your high school French (as I did), click on the "English" button in the lower left corner. Click on the "Search" link and enter your search term(s) in the box. I tried various terms like: MTB, torpedo boat, canadian power boat, etc. The search returns results from both the Library's book holdings and the Archive's document and photo holdings. In my search, I found a number of photos such as this:

(Caption: Fitting the machine gun turret structure of a motor torpedo boat under construction at Canadian Power Boat Company, Montreal, Québec, Canada, 24 April 1941.)

There several photos of this type. Look for the search results with this graphic: .

When you open the link, a description of the photo is shown along with a small photo in the upper right. Click on the photo and a larger version appears. If you want to see the photo without any text, click on the link under the small photo in the upper left and the photo appears full size.

As I pointed out above, try various versions or permutations of search terms and more results may be found. Again, I hope this is helpful.

P.S.: Note the sign on the side of the turret; it makes me wonder what they had in those cups and bottles that was a safety hazard.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote