View Single Post
Old 09-01-10, 04:00 PM   #1454
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
tvst addict - welcome

Hi tvst good that your thinking of joining - when you get your PC sorted you won't be sorry.

You asked how to clear the cach, I believe (haven't turned PC on to check so perhaps some kind member will confirm) you'll find it in the lighthouse folder when you've expanded the files. ZeeWolf has referred to clearing the cach previously. When you find it double click and it's run.
Zee also mentions bringing it onto your desktop as a shortcut for easy access since the cach, if not cleared, can cause game problems.

The only other things I can think of (purely generalising) that may cause your problems are memory leak or a component overheating. I'm giving my opinion and am aware I'm just taking a stab in the dark, but if you can eliminate say overheating from GPU and CPU it is helpful. Also is TvsT the only game to do this? Have you compared it to others?
If you dont have a utility for monitoring temperature you might have to do a nifty shift into the BIOS to check temps. I say nifty as you need to be quick as they might cool off a little if you're slow to boot into it after a "heat" application. Still I don't want to treat you like a numpty you're obviously competent enough to rebuild your rig after your Dell gave you problems.

Some of us had problems and upon re-installation they were fixed - I reinstalled 3 times once!! So don't rule that avenue out.

Here's hoping you have some success troubleshooting,
Mr Zees the main man and if he gives any advice I would always defer to him.

All the Best - Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote