View Single Post
Old 09-01-10, 03:11 PM   #1453
tvt_addict
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Well I tried the Christmas Present mission and...

It took me days to read through what must be the longest thread in the history of forums, but I got to the last page eventually.

A quick bit about me. I bought TvT a couple of years ago as it seemed just right. I played the single player missions and then tried online via Gameranger. It soon became obvious that there were problems, so I set about finding solutions. I created the following site for anyone having problems setting the original game up.

http://www.hitenter.co.uk/tvt

I couldn't believe how popular it became, and thanks to French and German enthusiasts it is in multilingual format. (I am now living in France with an ADSL line that disappears every hour or so....).

I have played on Gameranger hundreds of times in standard mode, and those who have the game configured correctly have as well. It has been incredible fun.

I have tried MMP5 single player, but not had a chance to try it online yet. A PC rebuild and telephony problems here have prevented that.

Now, today I tried the Christmas present, and have hit a problem, but have no idea what it is? The same happens in MMP5, but not in the standard game.

I can start and run the game, but after a short while the screen freezes and locks the pc solid. I have tried reducing the resolution to 1024x1280 (instead of 1650x1050) but it still does it. All the graphics sliders are on 50% and anti-aliasing is off. It is in full screen mode.

My pc is:

AMD Athlon x2 5000+ Dual Core (wish I knew a safe way to overclock this).
GeForce 9500GT 1gb
4gb DDR2 ram (667mhz ...I think).
Brand new high spec motherboard and case.
Plus a top grade cooler and a 650w high quality PSU.
(My Dell C521 blew so I transplanted what I could onto a proper ATX so that I can upgrade anything I want now).

Frame Rates:

Standard single player = 40-50fps
Standard online = 30fps - 40fps
MMP5 single player = 30fps
Zeewolf single player = 25 - 40fps

I also use a Belkin N52 tournament edition game controller. This is one of the few that will work with TvT as it has its own flash memory and is programmable. I can start the tank and get moving with two key presses, and switch between commander/gunner, open and close hatches, switch views etc in milliseconds.

I also wanted to say that Zeewolf you have done a stunning job, and I hope that between yourself on this project and the MMP5 crew on theirs that we can all have the best of both worlds.

If I can get over this glitch I will gladly pay up.

Cheers

Rob G
PS - How do you clear the cache??
tvt_addict is offline   Reply With Quote