View Single Post
Old 08-26-10, 11:43 AM   #156
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlew View Post
Trying out the mod R7. I don't know the new features well enough to comment yet, though the new stuff added to the obs per looks amazing. I am having to redo the RAOBF dds as the one stock with the mod is out of whack on my computer. Cam file maybe? Anyway, I'll make one and that will be a feature of the mod that is my own along with my little bearing plotter. The obs scope works great now. The only other problem I have, so far, is that the fancy compass does not pop up from the gui at the bottom of the screen. I get an orange-ish circle on screen. The dds files are in there, I checked. Don't think my download was bad, though I may try downloading again.

If making something like a mod requires this much troubleshooting how on earth did they ever get Neil Armstrong to the moon? Answer, armies of guys with eye-glasses, crew-cuts, and slide-rules.
Hi Nodlew, Didn't spend to much time on the RAOBF calibration. Got it working @ 1440x900, then when doing some tests I came to the conclusion that as SH5 is now the RAOBF is gonna be a problem. (The cam in the mod is for 16:10 or 8:5)
Now I'm not 100% sure do I need to make aspect ratio cam as I use Vertical scalling in the Mod rather than Horizontal, need to do some testing on that.

You may have seen some of my testing posts on Magnums Recognition manual thread, but there are problems with the in game ship models are there corresponding ship image files.
Heights seem to be ok, but lengths and speeds are not - which as you know for the RAOBF to function correctly for AOB and speed these need fixing.

I will have a look into it see what can be done, I have managed to get the correct ship images appearing in the manual for the clone ships, so thats a start.

As for the compass, can you post a screen shot of the problem - it may be a problem with my object snap for that object.
Did a complete rework of the scripts to how objects appear on screen so one or two items may have slipped past me on testing .
The orange circle sounds like the night mask is displaying ok.
Whick compass is it, the Binocus one or the Tri-Ring Compass or the Navigation Controls compass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumete View Post
Hi I would like to know if the file in Spanish menu.txt TDW UI mod 4.0.3 is compatible with this new UI reaper7 2.0. Thanks
There may be soom differences between the files. I added items to that file for my UI.

You could merge them to gether and translate the extra lines I did.
If you do get it working, send it on to me and I'll include it in next release.

By the way, what to do you think of the scalling for the panels. Are they sized ok, how about torpedo panel is it to small or Ok.?
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote