View Single Post
Old 08-25-10, 03:22 PM   #842
Alfamemnon
Watch

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Great work guys! Also, those 25mm multi barrels should give even the American massive four engine bombers a little bit something to worry about. Yesterday I shot my very first Liberator down. It made one of the same mistakes that makes Sunderlands and Catalinas woefully vulnerable to flak fire: it approached my sub in a straight line (though in relatively high altitude).

I still came up with one more idea: The players of this mod could be happy if some of their missions include that they have to just finish off badly damaged enemy capital ships (battleships, carriers etc) as it would give lots of renown with a small number of torpedoes used so there should be missions where you are told to finish off for example a damaged carrier Yorktown after Battle of Midway or anywhere in the game some enemy warships that have been seriously crippled by kamikaze attacks. If you can just script some Japanese aircraft to have a crazy AI that seeks to collide with an enemy warship of their choice at full speed (instead of strafing or bombing them), you could even make it possible for the player to witness a kamikaze attack taking place. With just a wee little bit hunters instincts or intelligence a player should, after any successful kamikaze attack that did not quite sink the target, realize there is comfortably easy prey awaiting just for him/her. I am not at all a psychologist but I guess that on the other hand, some players could be displeased about the fact they received help with some of their kills and thus have to kinda "share" them.

I must be in an extremely uncreative mood these days because I came up with this kamikaze idea only yesterday when the wreck of an Avenger I had just shot down hit my sub destroying one of my frontmost compartments and thus sinking me even though my hull integrity was 100 and systems had only minimal damage before the Avenger hitting me. I was angry like "friggin Allied kamikaze fanatic".

Last edited by Alfamemnon; 08-25-10 at 04:11 PM.
Alfamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote