View Single Post
Old 09-30-05, 01:13 AM   #2
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Wellcome aboard Leroy

Glad you found Dc and liked it, you can also get nowadays for a few bucks in the bargain bin another classic with big guns: Fighting Steel (I buyed it for 5$). You can check an article about that game here at subsim.com, in the reviews area, including some screenshots.

Answering your questions:

Quote:
1. There are still some ships that I can't comtrol like the Nagato class . Another is the merchant cruiser Laurentic. What is the reason for this and can it be fixed?
It seems that you have already found the way to control the other ships by scripting missions with them. I don't know exactly the problem with Nagato and Laurentic, but I believe it had something to do with the guns and nodes in the 3D model, something that can be corrected in the unit's UDF file (Those files are located at Destroyer Command/Sim/Units folder, and you can open them with Windows Notepad). I can't tell you howevere how to do it, but sergbuto and FAdmiral did know very well how to do that.

Quote:
2. While looking through the game files I found files for a missle and missle lauching system. How are these files to be used? Are they for a specific ship or just for fun?
Are you already thinking about cheating?

Just joking...

DC/SH2 was a combo whose engine was meant also to be used for the never delivered Harpoon 4, so there are hints about hidden features in the game's engine, probably not activated. Never tried that, but in these games everything is possible.

Quote:
3 . What is the deal with the hit or miss availablity of the secondary battery in the attack selection menu? Sometime it is there sometime it is not. It always seems to vanish right when I need iit.
I happen to remember that it had something to do with how you define the human controlled ship in the mission, but not sure... :hmm: