Old 08-11-10, 01:34 PM   #240
CherryHarbey
Engineer

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by themrwho View Post

@CherryHarbey,
What TC level are you cruising in now and would like to know more about this advice and its technical aspects, is it a forum post here?

Thanks
Never go above TC128 now and as a previous TC1024 junkie it has made a world of difference.
Now this isn't much of a sample size i know but
TC1024 me got spotted by 3 aircraft on one patrol, all 3 managed to get minor hits on me with bombs despite me crash diving and changing course instantly (or at least as soon the game gave me the chance.
TC128 me has since spotted 2 aircraft and dived away before they got close enough to drop anything on me.
the other thing that has changed dramatically for me is
when visibility is poor I have been perodically dropping to periscope depth for listen on the hydrophones. since doing this I haven't had a single "ship spotted, short range" "we're under attack, sir" where destroyers were killing me on regular basis in the past.

Depends what you want out of the game, lower TC takes more time obviously and reduces your thrills per hour but increases (for me at least) your survival chances no end and I take a lot from that.

I'm far from being an expert and apologies if anything I've said is too obvious, just thought I'd share what advice I've taken and has worked for me.
CherryHarbey is offline   Reply With Quote