View Single Post
Old 08-06-10, 12:42 PM   #14
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280
Uploads: 0

I am more partial to Skybirds side on this. I haven't played SBP myself, but wanting to buy it for a few years makes you do your homework.
If memory serves me right, SBP is a training simulator, just with the instructor module removed.

Steel fury and T-34 Versus Tiger are both simulations but not in the same regard. While, yes, there is some realism involved, it's nothing like the realism offered by SBP

Steel Beasts was built to give the user every preparation to go to war in that certain tank, being able to drive it and use it's gun without having to use any petrol or waste any ammunition. I think military advisers were present during the development process as well.
Steel Fury and TvsT were built to give the user the impression of "this is how war was fought back then" The battles depicted and the tactics used were taken from a book or eyewitness accounts, and probably a lot of artistic liscense

as much as I'd like to see a SBP-caliber WWII tank sim, I just don't see any other game to make a comparison with for the time being.
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote