View Single Post
Old 08-03-10, 09:54 PM   #6
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default recommendations

Zossy , just to add my grain of salt.Steel Beast is a simulator software developed by professionals working for NATO and used ny NATO countries.Itīs way above the competition because itīs just that a simulator forst and foremost that became a game by default.It features current, state-of-the-art armour the like of which has never existed before.That explains the relatively high purchase price, the degree of sophistication and the somewhat understated graphics.It was not intended as entertainment or gaming; at least not initially.In my opinion compāring SB with the others is like the proverbial apples and oranges.....

The others whether Steel Fury, TvsT, Panzer Elite etc where never intended to faithfully recreate tank warfare in order to train people but merely as historical recreation intended to entertain sim fans and provide hours of fun either as single player or multi.I called them simulation games as opposed to SB which is simulation training software turned into a game. The sim games allows us to live or experience in a remote fashion what is was like to fight in behemoths like the Tigers, Panthers, T34s or Shermans in the greatest and bloodiest conflict ever experienced by mankind.The costs are also not comparable, SB is expensive whereas the others can be purchased cheaply.You get what you pay for which does not detract the fact that both TvsT and SF offer good value for their price as does SB but on different levels.

Once you accept those differences you can decide whether you want to go for the serious SB which will really allow you what it feels like to manoeuvre the best armour the modern world has to offer:the Leopard 2A6, the MA1Abrams, the Challenger 2 and their Russian counterparts or would you rather play entertaining but less realistic and sophisticated sim games...

Up to you.Although of you can afford SB as well as SF and TvsT then you can sample a bit of everything.

Hope we havenīt bombarded you too much with too many options but since you asked for a recommendation....

Last edited by frinik; 08-03-10 at 11:30 PM.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote