View Single Post
Old 08-03-10, 12:40 PM   #2
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Sims

Hi Zossy !

Every now and then somebody comes to this forum and starts a new thread asking the same question( read the recent threads going back to January).There are 2 WWII sims as Achtung Panzer the Road to Kharkov is a RTS( very good and well done according to the critics but not a simulation).

Sim-wise you basically have Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 a very good single player( no MP) sim with lots of mods and full developers support and a very active community).

TvsT was a bug-ridden, dead ender with few SP mission and a mostly MP component but abandoned by its developers like a hot potato.Both SF1942 and TvsT were distributed by Lighthouse Intreactive which went belly up last year.TvsT has better graphic but little else UNTIL Zeewolf CAME ALONG AND RESCUED THAT SIM FROM OBLIVION.Now there are mods and new missions and that game has found a future but it´s not free( unlike SF mods).However it´s worth the investment.Check ZeeWolf´s website or read the TvsT threads on this forum.

MY own opinion I have all 3 WW2 sims and love each for their own qualities.However to tell you the truth I wouldn´t still be playing TvsT if it were not for ZeeWolf´s Kursk mod and missions as SF 1942 has no bugs, lots of missions, vehicles and mods.

There's also Panzer Elite(not the Panzer Elite Action crap but the real original one!!!!).It's 12 years old with dated graphics but a very good game with lots of missions and free mods.

Post WW2 there's steel Beast the best by far and a classic but expensive.Veru modded and active community.
Otherwise in second tier, far behind, is T72 Balkans on Fire not too bad but not too exciting either.

A new tank sim is being developed by Graviteam the people who made Steel Fury 1942 and T72 which will pit the M60 against the T62 .It's promising but not out yet.

That's pretty much it.

Welcome
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote