View Single Post
Old 07-23-10, 03:18 AM   #4
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Every time someone mentions that it's going to be on, I always say the same thing: I own a copy, and wouldn't have it any other way. Actually I own three: Theatrical, Director's and Uncut. I disagree about the versions, feeling that though the DC has the best sound and subtitles the Uncut version fleshes out the characters much more. But that's just my opinion, and I wish you fun watching it over again.

Try the book sometime if you haven't already. The movie comes pretty close but still leaves a lot out, including the first-person feel.
Agreed - at least as far as living up to Buchheim's original work, I think the miniseries does a far better job of capturing the overall feel. But perhaps to each his own!

Curious about this indeed. I really am skeptical as far as visual quality; on the other hand I sure wouldn't complain about Das Boot potentially selling some more copies and being seen by new audiences. I doubt I'll be running to get it since I have no BD player, but we'll see what it's got to offer I guess.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote