View Single Post
Old 07-22-10, 10:59 AM   #5556
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangman View Post
This is rough. I know I'm running a little late (ok, a lot late), but I just bought SHIII and am looking to get some mod's for it. I have been doing some reading and am (was) looking forward to GWX 3.0 and getting them installed. But to find the GW's have been disbanded and things are falling apart are sad indeed.
It's been difficult to find which ones I need and which have been updated, which to download, etc.
Does the Subsim SuperDVD have these mod's on it ??
Any suggestions on where to go and what to look for - for a latecomer just now investing in SHIII ??

I do plan on picking up SHIV within the year so perhaps I should start looking at getting the mod's for that as well. Then burn all these mods to disk so I have them when needed as it sounds as though getting in on this late does have it's disadvantages.
Hi Hangman - welcome!

Re GWX, altho the development team responsible for that supermod is no longer working together on newer versions of it, GWX3 Gold is still very much available (temporary FileFront issues notwithstanding), perfectly playable, and awesome. You will also find plenty of "technical support" for it in the ginormous manual that comes with it as well as from members of the team and other users just by asking or searching for it in these forums. So don't let talk of the team "disbanding" dissuade you from trying it out. All that means is that they finished the job they set out to do - the results are still there for everyone to enjoy.

There are also other supermods available that are documented and/or discussed in the Mods Workshop forum if you want to give one or all of those a looksee. That forum is also a gold mine of information on lots of other, smaller mods to enhance various aspects of gameplay. You can also find a lot of stuff by clicking on the Downloads link and browsing through what's available for each game - if you have questions, check in the forum for any relevant threads and then ask away.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote