View Single Post
Old 07-22-10, 03:45 AM   #30
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

hi Kuikueg,

no, no, i didn't meant at video that the technique has an acceptable 'error'.you see,english are not my language and many times don't help to express myself correct !

the solution is geometrically 100% correct ! it is the fact that sh3 is NOT a simulator (exept the manual targeting system) and ,as many drawings at navmap didn't made at 100% accurate (some circles and lines didn't drawn at the higher zoom or made fast) , there is the cuase of this 3 degrees error at target's course . also ,more than two points for the 'red line' must be found in order to get a more,as possible, accurate 'red line' .

red line is very critical becuase it will determine the exact position of target.a small error at the target's position (caused by a non 100% correct 'red line') can be reduced later by taking the last bearing at a time that is a multiple of the time's intervals that we used. i mean, if the time intervals are 10 minutes (as in the video) then the last bearing to be taken after 20 or 30 or...etc minutes . that way ,we can reduce a little the false at target's course that may be caused by a non very good 'red line' .

but then, it becomes a little more complicated to make the drawings (plus the need to make all drawings to higher zoom level) and the video would be endless ...
that's why i made the drawings less accurate (to be faster for a ..shorter video) and,also,thats why i am saying at video that target's speed will be close to true speed if taken by map becuase target's course will be close to true course and i used the scope to get the accurate target's speed.

about the 'seamanship' : you can watch the behaviour of hydroline and adjust your course that way that when you take the 'third' bearing to 'cutting' (if possible) the first bearing (you will have an 'idea' of the situation becuase there would be also the 'second' bearing) . that way you are avoiding the parallelism of these two .(for that reason ,at video, i am moving almost vertically to 'forth' bearing -in order to 'cut' it as soon as possible- with the 'sixth'(last) bearing.that way ,there is no possibility of parallel bearings).of course, i agree that would be situations that you will be 'lost' ,nobody is saying that it is an easy task but i believe that in reality the captain was ,indeed , stick to the sonarman watching the behaviour of 'hydroline'(hydro hunt situations) in order to decide the next course which ,sometimes , will not be the better one and target will be ...lost ! i think that this was happening back then.

my message is becoming ...endless (but it is really interesting theme) so i will stop here. but if you want to see the results if all drawings are made as accurate as possible (with lot of patience) see this video :

http://rapidshare.com/files/40834347...t_position.rar

i played again the mission and made the drawings as accurate as possible(following the same courses for my boat)...it is just the time of the verification of the exact target's position (the most critical part of the method)...which means that we have the proper 'red line').the result is on your screen...

ps1 : no messages from you ! resend (if possible)

ps2 : my mod list (on gwx3) is :

GWX - English Nav Map and Grid Refs
WaterStream+exhaust+lifeboatv4
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
TMT v2 with EFS
RACERBOY EXPLOSIONS
Uboat Guns 1.2a for GWX3.0
Music-MANOS
M.E.P v3
M.E.P v3-Patch
M.E.Pv3 VisualSensors-GWX3
Blank Campaign