Old 07-21-10, 11:55 AM   #26
Kuikueg
Watch

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello to all,

i made a tutorial video that is showing Kuikueg's excellent geometrical solution !

you can find it at my ff page,it's called ''The Ultimate Hydrohunt Video!''
the video is totally uncut (duration:50 minutes,size:270mb),showing the whole procedure from its start till the end (the 'kill').

---> first you have to download Kuikueg's method and study it carefully.then run the video.<----

i believe that Kuikueg's thread didn't had the attention that deserves to have.
this method is ,by far, the best that ever posted as for hydrophone's themes.it is the most complete method by all till today(the ONLY one that 'dared' to deal with a moving sub or...no?) and it is solving this (really difficult) problem with a very very...elegant solution! geometry always ...rules.

@Kuikueg : this video is devoted to you and thank you for sharing your solution with us.much appreciated...

Thank you very much, makman. Excellent video and good seamanship. I intended to do one myself but I could not get the sound recorded and I barely have time to play anyway so I gave up for the moment. And luckily too because your way of doing it is a lot more economical and cleaner than mine. About your tutorial I would only like to point out that accuracy does not depend on the technique itself but on the degree to which bearings approach parallelism, either to each other or to the the red line. That is where seamanship comes to play a role. The situation you set up in your video is, in my opinion, quite average. You cannot expect to have close to orthogonal bearings and sometimes you'll be in a nearly parallel course and speed to your target in which case the calculations will not provide any information.

I love your set of mods, can I get a list?

PS: makman:I believe my PM's are not reaching you, something is wrong with the forums or my settings. Please confirm.
Kuikueg is offline   Reply With Quote