View Single Post
Old 07-20-10, 03:45 AM   #10
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Water obstacles can be death traps in SBP, even small ones that by all reason should not stop a tank. Small waterholes in the landscape you need to watch out for - and make it a habit to never "test" them. Fording rivers is possible, reliably, but you have to find a shallow passage with shallow-angled riverbanks on both sides. Also, some vehicles can swim, and they do.

The water thing is one of the very, very few major issues about which I have been complaining since the release 2006. To me, it even is the only really major bug there is. I since long use only maps where there are no small ponds and small waterholes, only solid rivers. But even with rivers, manouvers need to be carefully observed. It is bad to have a battleposition with a river in your back - the AI will possibly drown itself when manouvering the other tanks in reaction to the enemy, since it tends to stroll up to 200-300 meters away from BP to find better protection.

If you want a tank being located in a critical position near water, give it freeze-orders, but do not forget that it then will not move even when taking fire.

-----

the 20 new vehicles is true in that it seems that many of the existing models got complete overhauls, making them completely new versions of old models. But some fully new vehicles are there indeed, like the T-55 (AI). Or old, that is. A new old tank, so to speak . I wonder why they spend the time to bring just a redshirt into the sim.

I personally would prefer less numbers, but reliable bug-squashing. After they said that the IEDs are not being adressed, I decided to stay put and watch for the complete feature list before making a decision to buy or not. There are some minor things that are minor indeed, but still: known issues should be adresses in later payware update, imo. I think of the ammo issue for the Leo-2E for example - that is something that should get solved from one release to the next. The IEDs are such a thing too, since they are already known since longer.

I personally hope that the Centauro is made fully crewable now, to complement the set of Spanish vehicles.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-20-10 at 03:59 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote