View Single Post
Old 07-14-10, 03:41 PM   #143
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

ARAI 0.7
I headed towards a convoy , they were heading towards me at 0 deg in medium fog . I got sight of the lead destroyer coming out of the fog and dived to periscope depth , went to silent running and 1 knot . The seas were rough 15m/s and my scope was just catching a glimpse of him now and again . He was quite close but didnt detect me . A line of merchants were heading for me out of the fog so i headed away from the destroyer getting inbetween the columns of merchies . When i had a merchie lined up about 90deg i fired 2 torps forward and one rear torp at the merchie behind me . The merchie in front exploded and stopped but never sank . The merchie behind kept going , i think i was too close for the torp to arm . I dived to 100 mts and after a while i was being pinged . I let off a decoy and did an evasive manouvre at full speed for 2 minutes and then dropped back to silent running at 1 knot . I can hear a lot of depth charges being dropped . I dont have external camera so after detecting the destroyer behind me i went to peri depth and to my dismay i saw quite a few destroyers milling around . I had a quick look around and seen the burning merchie and then a destroyer obviously detected me and was heading for me quite fast . Emergency dive again with decoys and evasive manouvres and then 1 knot silent running . This went on for quite a while with all the destroyers searching . Finally after a run at full speed for 4 minutes after dropping numerous decoys and my compressed air running low benno confirmed the nearest destroyer was at medium range . Not believing benno i went to peri depth and i rotated the scope for a recon look around . I could see the burning merchie with a destroyer on the other side of it . All except 2 destroyers had left to catch up to the merchant pack . All of a sudden one of the 2 destroyers that stayed behind hunting me steamed off at full power and soon after the other destroyer left also . I shot another torp into the burning merchant and it exploded and sank , then i surfaced and headed home . I think ARAI is working quite well
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote