View Single Post
Old 07-12-10, 04:09 PM   #281
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULL View Post
For some reason when I open up the .ini file using notepad and edit the file it will not let me save the file so I can add the station. Is this a Vista issue or did I miss something in the instructions? Any help would be appreciated.
Where did you install the game? If it was the default "C:/Program Files/" etc., or the 64 bit default folder, then yeah you have a problem. As part of the security features of Vista (and Win 7), you can't make changes to files inside those folders, especially Windows system files like .ini. If this is what you did, you have three options:

1 - Uninstall the game, then reinstall someplace else. It can be any other place on your C drive, or even better a second hard drive. Wherever you install to, as long as it's not the default "Program Files" folder, you can then edit the file.

2 - Turn off User Account Control. This should fix it, but I'm not positive. It will make your computer less secure though.

3 - Right click on the original file, or the folder it's in, or even the "Ubisoft" folder itself, then click on the "Security" tab. Then click the "Edit" button for the permissions, select each listed "Group or user names" and check the "Full Control" box. After doing all the groups, click "Apply." This should allow the file to be edited.

I really recommend you do #1 if at all possible. It solves all sorts of problems, and doesn't screw anything else up.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote