View Single Post
Old 07-09-10, 08:48 PM   #96
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Sometimes it is better to mod "behind closed doors" that way there is no expectations and can work at your own pace/pleasure,
I never hide what i'm working on, but i probably shouldn't have made a thread just yet. My problem is when i get excited about something, i can't keep my yap shut.

Quote:
by all means don't rush,
The only thing i'm really inclined to rush things on, is campaign scripting. I detest it. I find it a tedious, dull, and unrewarding chore. it's not that i don't know how to do it, it's simply that i don't like it. You know, doing the three sea trial missions in TMO took me a week to pound out correctly.

When i do anything though, i do something i did alot of in college. Code, compile debug. Over and over and over again. Or at least the modding equivlant of that. And i keep doing that until whatever im working on is resolved, and then i move on. Code, compile debug, code, compile, debug, ad nauseum. I only like to do something once. Not twice, so i try and get it right the first time.

Quote:
SH4 is not going anywhere.
No, it's not. But i might! I'm trying to get this done while the interest is still there for the time being.

Quote:
But really I don't see anyone pressuring you
Yes there is. Me!

Quote:
, most are just keenly interested and excited!
*shrug* cool i guess. Don't expect much of a readme though. Infact, i may not write one at all. I'm going through this stuff the files broken down in a modular fashion. I see something that bugs me, i fix it, and move on to whatever else is bugging me. You know, ever changelog i ever wrote for TMO, was written AFTER THE FACT. I went through the files saying, "hmm ok i did this, then that, then after that i did this,). I hate writing documentation about as much as i hate campaign scripting, and my changelogs in TMO reflect it, they're very terse. lol

Quote:
Well we all know what happened when UBI rushed - SH5!!
Yeah, i know.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote