View Single Post
Old 07-06-10, 08:44 PM   #3460
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Sonar Station UI Bugs

Here is a list of a few bugs I found in the Sonar Station UI. I have listed these issue's in the past so I included a Picture for ref. I hope this helps you to fix these bugs.
  1. The light is supposed to illuminate when you can hear a Sonar Contact. You do not have to be perfectly aligned for it to light up, just being able to hear it is all that is needed for it to work.
  2. The bearing reported by the Sonar man does not match the bearing the Sonar Station is indicating with Needle or Notes. The Sonar man report is more accurate when compared to Periscoep visual but the Sonar Station Needle/Notes appears to be off by 5-6 degree's. Making it kind of hard to do Sonar only Torpedo attacks with any accuracy.
  3. Sonar Station ability to set Target Type (unknown, Warship, Merchant) currently requires you to be spot on, If you are 1 degree off, you can not use this function. Previous Silent Hunter releases had a Tolerance of +/- 5-10 degrees off actual bearing.
  4. Before I enter the Sonar Station, my TAI-Map is displaying Sonar Contacts but after I leave the Sonar Station the TAI-Map no long displays Sonar Contacts.
  5. The Sonar Station commands "Estimate Range to Target" and "Precise Range to Target" do not work correctly. Both require visual contact to function. If these worked correctly it would also help for Sonar Only Deck Gun attacks in heavy fog where you are unable to get a visual on the target.
  6. The Red Button (hidden behind the TAI-Map in picture) should be linked to the Sonar Station command "Precise Range to Target".

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 07-07-10 at 11:40 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote