View Single Post
Old 06-11-10, 03:52 AM   #8
-GrayOwl-
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by To be View Post
I've used both RA and LWAMI - I very much enjoy the ability to control multiple platforms in RA (as well as the enhanced weapons controls) - it adds a lot to the game. LWAMI however crashes less, (though RA doesn't crash too often), and the AI behavior in LWAMI seems much better than RA. I use LWAMI unless I specifically want to control a non-standard sub, mostly due to the better AI behavior.

You can check aggression in such a way.
Make an active ping.
Also see - as quickly AI will answer to you with a torpedo shot.
LWAMI will give an answer-back torpedo shot from 6 about 9 minutes.
RA - will answer immediately - no more than 1 minute. (distance passage of a signal up to the target both back and some seconds on procedure launch of torpedos) is taken into account.

LWAMI of the doctrine - the predicted algorithms of evasion use.
Reinforce Alert - all time uses different variants is is more unpredictable.

RA - takes into account the current depth of a sub with its speed - for prevention cavitation.
LWAMI - nothing takes into account.

RA - diesel boats correctly work at snorkeling.
LWAMI - snorkeling is absent.

RA - the noise by the surface ships - depends on their speed and grows linearly.
LWAMI - the surface ships change the noise only before occurrence cavitation.
If cavitation - then noise all time identical (base noise + 20). It concerns also submarines.

RA - the PD depth for AI of sub is correctly now.
LWAMI (and also original of game) - not correct depth. It is a mistake in the formula from sonalist.

RA - shoots SUBROCs very exact.
LWAMI - AI SUBROCs practically useless.

RA - action under polar ice real.
LWAMI - the submarines pass through ice as through butter, and are not damaged.

RA - begun AI helo from AI of the ship - at first will find out a submarine, then will drop torpedos.
LWAMI - begun AI helo from AI of the ship - simply will drop torpedos in a point to which has arrived, even if a submarine there already no.

RA - the radar on submarines of the player works without a bugs.
LWAMI - the radar on 688 and Seawolfs if is lifted on depth (PD - 1 ft) not counterdetected with ESM of AI platforms.
etc. etc...

Such differences - hundred.
But I shall not list them all.

Last edited by -GrayOwl-; 06-11-10 at 11:24 AM.