View Single Post
Old 06-07-10, 08:59 PM   #25
Nbjackso
Navy Dude

Downloads: 448
Uploads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCorrado View Post
... I am fairly confident that enabling your mod after RSRD will effectively break RSRD in some fashion.

Just so everybody understands, the old RFB file that you used is not even close to the new RSRD file...
OK, Let me explain myself. First of all, I hate to type. That's why I don't post a lot. Secondly, I don't consider myself a modder. If I like part of mod blah blah, and part of mod hoo hoo, but they conflict in some way, I try to manipulate files to get them to work together. PRIMARILY for my OWN personal use and enjoyment. If I make something I like, and it seems to work without messing up other mods, and if I think other people might like it. I release it. If anyone comments on any of my mods, I try to respond as best as I can. If they like parts of it, and not other parts. I try to work with them to get what they want.

As far as NMMO is concerned, I liked the airbases back when I played RFB 1.4. I wanted them back, so I found the thread for Leovampire's vs4 mod, but the link was dead. So I pulled the files out of RFB 1.4, combined it with some other nav map mods I liked, and that's how I came up with the mod.

I like knowing where the airbases are when I am out on patrol. I draw a 600 mile radius around any airbases that I have to sail past, and try to navigate around them, (if possible). I seem to encounter a lot less enemy air contacts. If I get within range of an airbase, I start getting plane contacts, and it makes logical sense where they came from. Reality or not, It works for me. Are the airbases 100% accurate? I don't know. I didn't make them, but it looks, (and plays) good enough for me.

If it sounds like I'm flaming, I'm not. I just thought I would explain what color the sky is in MY world.

Just get me within 1000 yards,
and I'll d
o the rest
Nbjackso is offline   Reply With Quote