View Single Post
Old 06-01-10, 10:17 PM   #18
G2B
XO

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubster View Post

Find Vigan on the map, west side of Luzon. Zoom down till the black range bar reads 21.0nm. Enable tool helper and with your ruler put the start point on the dot for Vigan, draw a line 9nm long going West, (as you come out you will see the line go through 270 on the tool helper)

rig for silent running. Engines off.

Now just wait till the lead destroyers pass you by (Free cam too watch f12 if your using TMO)....as long as you are not moving and a re rigged for silent running they should not notice you. You should then see a line of 5 ships, the second one is a troop carrier....Come to periscope depth and take your pick

You may have to do a tiny bit of manoeuvring once you see them but that should get you close enough to sink a few...They head off in that direction and then loop back later.

Just tangled with this one, found them coming straight at me in the middle of the night. Dove, rigged for silent running and waited, doggone subchaser was passing me to the port and must have detected me cause it changed course and started towards me. I managed to get the transport before having to duck below the thermal. Man did it rain D.C.'s we managed to slip away to the north but still had 2 chasers looking for us, sneaky sob's came up to pd cause it was nice and quite with chasers heading south, one chaser was sitting quiet 230 yards off the starboard bow. Had to sneek back down and creep away for a bit longer till he finally gave up

G2B is offline   Reply With Quote